When laying of tiles, there is a need for proper tiling method. There is also the need to select proper tiles and brand. The cracking of tiles or eruption of the tiles happened when contractors:
- Did not apply a correct method for the specific type or brand of tiles selected by the client. Different type of tiles require different types of method.
- Fail to mix well the cement adhesive, cement bonding additive, and cement. Failing to do this also create the hollow sound when you knock on your tiles.
- Looking for contractors who are willing to do small jobs if you are replacing only a few tiles.
- Buying replacement tiles to match the existing tiles.
- If you want the floor to look nice, this means replacing all the existing tiles. By doing so, you have to spend money buying tiles and engaging contractors. You will also need to have someone home to look after your stuff that is in the home. And if you are working, then you will need to take leave just to do so. Since you are living in that place, the amount of dust due to the hacking of the old tiles. Oh....not forgetting having to move your furniture into other areas of the house.